We want to help equip our students to engage skillfully and thoughtfully with the world around them using technology. Recognizing what a valuable learning tool technology can be, we integrate it in balanced and age-appropriate ways throughout our curriculum. Here are a few of the ways we accomplish this:
- A one-to-one laptop program in 2nd through 6th grade classrooms. Multiple mobile laptop carts for 7th through 12th graders to use as needed.
- A selective bring-your-own-device program for 7th through 12th graders who want to bring laptops from home.
- A centralized computer lab for group scheduled technology offerings.
- Interactive white boards available to all teachers.
- Microsoft Classroom, an online program that allows innovative ways for teachers to engage with their students and for students to submit some assignments electronically.
- Filtered, wi-fi internet access throughout campus.
- 24-hour student access to Office 365 and its complete suite of downloadable applications.
- Computer curriculum (in the computer lab) for grades K4-6th, with emphasis on the basic computing skills such as keyboarding, the Microsoft Office suite of programs, using internet browsers, Internet and Password Safety, basic website design and basic programming.