Mission and Values
Serving God in partnership with parents to build faith, knowledge and character in the hearts and minds of our students to the glory of Jesus Christ the Son of God.
Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in the persons of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
- For the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration is through the Lord Jesus Christ only, and not baptism, church membership, etc.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe the present ministry of the Holy Spirit is to indwell the Christian to enable him to live a godly life.
The primary objective and purpose of Mingo Valley Christian School (MVCS) is two-fold; first, to train students in the knowledge of God and the Christian way of life as they receive an excellent academic education; and second, to assist parents in the Christian discipleship of their children.
The education of MVCS is based upon the Bible, centered in Christ, and administered in love. It is our objective to meet the academic, physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of each student through a unique combination of love and discipline. We are committed to a total Christian program in all functions and operations of curriculum, activities and faculty. Every student will have the opportunity to benefit daily from Christian teachers through Bible devotions and stories and Scripture memorization. We truly believe that “in Christ are hidden all treasures of wisdom and knowledge” Colossians 2:3.
In addition to a Christian atmosphere, we offer each student a superior academic education. Emphasis is placed on the basic fundamentals of education. Core subjects with appropriate homework, concerned teachers, informed parents, and the best of the modern and traditional systems are the rule and not the exception.
Mingo Valley Christian School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.