6th - 8th Grade
Our middle school teachers take students well-prepared in the elementary grades and engage their developing abilities and challenges as young adolescents. Children of this age and development are growing in both their abstract, critical reasoning ability and in their understanding of their own identity. This offers great, expanding potential and comes with confusion and emotional ups and downs. Teachers encourage strong relationships through which they affirm God’s incredible love for the children along with God’s provision of guidance in His Word and by His Spirit for decision-making and understanding. Students can grow by leaps and bounds in their academic achievement while also growing in personal responsibility and good learning habits. Elements of our middle school educational program include:
- Reading of quality, time-tested works of literature with encouragement to grow in interpretive depth and application to life.
- Disciplined program of writing instruction called IEW which helps students extend their elementary understanding of proper writing form, syntax, grammar and excellence in communication.
- Curricular offerings which offer students different paths and pacing toward growing in their mathematical understanding and problem-solving ability.
- Bible instruction and scripture memory in all grades to grow a love for God’s Word and an understanding of life through a Christ-centered worldview.
- Technology integrated into the classroom for enhanced student engagement in learning as well as essential practice – and appropriate discernment -- in using tools which shape so much of school and career life today.
- Solid, fundamental preparation in vital subjects of science and history.
- Enriching exposure to art, music, and PE.
- Growth opportunities and skills development in communication, reasoning, and public speaking.
- Consistent attention to the nurture of strong peer relationships growing out of maturing godly character and willingness to do the essential relational work of respect, communication, forgiveness and restoration.
- Reasonable, effective levels of standardized testing and assessment to identify learning while not overwhelming both the spirit and the time to learn.